MacWorld 2008: All About Portability
“No, no, no,” Steve Jobs said as he looked at his marketing team. “I’m not having these … boat anchors … distracting from the point of the show! They’re ready, so announce them now. Get them out of my way!”
The dialog is imaginary. But I don’t think the point can be missed.
Apple is clearing the decks to focus on portability.
2008 will be The Year Of Apple Everywhere.
This is what I expect, some of which has already been rumored:
1) Major iPhone OS Upgrade, constituting most, if not all, of the long-rumored Death Star Upgrade
2) iPhone storage capacity bump, possibly including a CPU speed bump
3) iPhone for 3G networks
4) The iPhone SDK — with demonstrations of finished applications that can be bought now
6) The slim MacBook we’ve already seen in a leaked photo
7) Movie studios sign onto The iTunes Store for both rental and purchase, giving AppleTV a new push
And that very special One More Thing…
8) The death of the Mac Mini and in its place…
9) An Apple tablet, the Mac Mini II — but it will only be as a technology demonstration, with shipping still months away. Just like the original iPhone. And that wireless keyboard I expect will work with both the iPhone and Mac Mini II (and, if you must, any Mac).
Tech - Apple
Go Out and Still Get Things Done