Oprah With Kindle In Hand
It’s there at the link. It’s just too gruesome for me to steal and put here.
In an email to subscribers, Amazon says its founder Jeff Bezos will be appearing on Oprah to talk to her about her new favourite gadget.
Oy vey. I have to watch him too?
Let’s all see if these are mentioned:
1) How people can buy only from Amazon’s Kindle Store
2) The DRM lock-in of Kindle eBooks (and subscription items)
3) The lack of free eBooks from public libraries
4) How Bezos abandoned all the people who paid for DRMed MobiPocket eBooks
5) How Bezos got petty with print publishers
6) How ugly Kindle II will be
7) How the iPhone can do eBooks
8) Any mention of the Sony Reader at all
“I’ve got Oprah, Sony! What do you got?”
Steve Haber (The Habernator!) of Sony:
“A better product that can do ePub, borrow from public libraries, reflow PDF text, and that doesn’t look like ass!”
All you people who will flock to Amazon to buy a Kindle, there’s something I want you to consider. Do you think next year Oprah will ever announce if she gave up her Kindle and switched to something else? After making such a big stink about the Kindle, would she dare to recant if she changes her mind?
— via Twitter from BookNet_Canada
Previously here:Books - Other, eBooks, Tech - Other, Tech - Sony